Full-time, FLSA exempt
Remote with 20% travel for client and team meetings required
Creative Fundraising Advisors (CFA) is building capacity as we bring the best and brightest people and ideas to work with our mission-driven, nonprofit clients. We’re seeking a fundraising professional with experience managing multiple high-impact capital and comprehensive campaigns to help drive our expansion.
The Campaign Manager will work remotely with the CFA team and our nonprofit clients across the United States with 20% travel to client and team meetings required. The Campaign Manager reports to CFA’s Senior Campaign Manager and supports clients managed by CFA’s Consulting Team.
The Campaign Manager is key to CFA’s successful execution of campaign-related projects. CFA currently provides counsel to multiple nonprofit organizations in the planning stages, quiet phases, and public phases of multi-million dollar campaigns. The Campaign Manager uses a client-focused mindset to execute on project goals and objectives, and understands the role and function of each team member to advance the campaign in a timely, professional manner. The Campaign Manager additionally communicates with the internal team, external partners, and clients involved in the delivery of assigned projects in order to ensure customer satisfaction. The Campaign Manager anticipates opportunities and issues proactively as well as manages scope collaboratively using shared project management applications and tools.
Campaign Planning and Management
- Guide CFA clients through a period of campaign planning for campaigns that average between three and five years.
- Lead the development of a dynamic and goal-oriented campaign plan for clients that includes a campaign structure outline, pillars, goals, range of gifts table, and budget; timeline of campaign activities; benchmarks for prospects in identification, cultivation, and solicitation; and milestones for progress towards the campaign goal.
- Coordinate the case for support for the campaign, including:
– Coordinate with CFA Lead Counsel and clients on written copy;
– Coordinate with CFA Creative Director, clients, and/or clients’ marketing team on a campaign brand identity and a final designed case for support;
– Coordinate with external partners and clients on creating a case video; and,
– Coordinate the production of other cultivation and solicitation materials.
- Assist in identifying campaign chairs and committee members, and develop a schedule of regular meetings for both staff and committee.
- Assist with the identification and strategy for the top 50 leadership gift prospects for the campaign.
- Coordinate with CFA’s data and research team on prospect research and prioritization.
- Utilize and manage CFA’s custom Campaign Tracking Tool to populate with prospects, assign portfolios, and track progress towards goal.
- Manage overall prospect strategy development for campaign prospects at all levels, including ask amounts and necessary steps toward cultivation and solicitation.
- Provide training, guidance, and support for clients’ staff and volunteers.
- Develop agendas and lead regular campaign meetings with each client.
- Manage CFA’s custom Campaign Tracking Tool to track moves management, regularly populate with prospects, document strategy, and track progress towards goal.
- Regularly track and report progress towards campaign plan.
- Provide campaign reports to clients, including dashboards and PowerPoint presentations as requested.
- Schedule, manage, and attend regular campaign committee meetings for each client.
- Coordinate with CFA’s Senior Manager of Prospect Development on obtaining prospect research.
Client Relationship Management
- Manage all project logistics, including timeline, client scheduling, and presentations.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with internal team, external partners, clients, and other campaign stakeholders.
- Provide outstanding customer service. Be receptive, and timely in responding to client and manager questions, concerns, and requests.
- Serve as point of contact to the client, internal team, and external partners for day-to-day execution.
- Interpret and meet client expectations and requirements to ensure outstanding quality of service customer satisfaction.
- 3-5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience, preferably in capital campaign management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities, and collaborate with a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing, remote-first environment
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including strong listening, negotiation, and facilitation skills with the ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Highly proficient user of Zoom, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite applications, advanced user of Excel preferred
- Highly proficient user of Asana or other project management system
- Experience with donor database systems
- Ability to learn and adapt to various technology
- Ability to work remotely
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
The salary band for a Manager at CFA is $60,000-$80,000, benchmarked to the Minneapolis-St. Paul market, and depending on experience and qualifications. There is room to grow over time based on a strong ability to regularly exceed expectations and demonstrate skills growth or take on additional responsibility. Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 16 vacation days in the first year, 401k match, cell phone stipend, charitable giving match, and 13 holidays including your birthday.
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing how you will bring new campaign planning and management capacity and expertise with “Campaign Manager” in the subject line to: [email protected]
ABOUT CREATIVE FUNDRAISING ADVISORS
Creative Fundraising Advisors (CFA) is a full-service fundraising consulting firm based in Saint Paul, Minnesota, with more than 200 years of collective experience in philanthropy. Since our inception in 2014, we have raised more than $3 billion in partnership with our nonprofit clients throughout the country. We help our clients think big and lead with vision and compelling ideas that compel a community of donors to offer their support and inspire volunteers to action. We position our clients for success, bringing our knowledge and skills to the complex business of planning and fundraising. CFA focuses on arts & cultural, human services, education, and environmental organizations.
We value collaboration, transparency, integrity, creativity, equity, and change. These values guide our business decisions, company policies, and expectations of our employees, business partners, and clients.
CFA believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to strong partnerships and better business results. Our culture is grounded in respect and appreciation for each person’s unique perspective, strengths, abilities, and contributions. It is our expectation that CFA and its employees, business partners, and clients treat each other with dignity and respect at all times.