We are Hiring! Apply to Join CFA’s Team
Job Postings (click to navigate):
Full-time, FLSA exempt
$50,000 with growth potential based on experience and qualifications
Remote with 5-10% travel for client and team meetings
Strong preference for candidates based in the Twin Cities
Creative Fundraising Advisors (CFA) is taking steps to build capacity as we strive to bring the best and brightest people and ideas to work with our mission-driven, non-profit clients. We have a shared vision for our biggest year of impact yet. We are looking for a dynamic, race equity-oriented professional with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. Interested applicants should be motivated by the opportunity to contribute to a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
Reporting directly to CFA’s President, the Administrative Associate will provide seamless administration and project engagement support to the office of the President. The Administrative Associate brings a client-focused mindset to everything they do, enabling the President’s fulfillment of short and long term organizational goals. The role engages with both internal team and external stakeholders to support the President’s business development, project execution, and strategic growth activities. The Administrative Associate anticipates opportunities and issues proactively and is highly adept at managing calendars, timelines, and deliverables.
- Manage President’s calendar, scheduling requests, and meeting logistics.
- Manage other administrative tasks, including collecting and routing company mail and depositing business checks.
- Work closely with the President to schedule, prepare and send invitations, and manage logistics for internal project orientation stand-ups, project kickoff meetings, weekly client meetings, stakeholder interviews, community listening sessions and focus groups.
- Participate in weekly status and planning meetings, and capture notes and action items.
- Help prepare project milestone summaries and status updates.
- Assist with project proposals, responses to RFPs, and client agreements.
- Provide outstanding customer service. Be responsive and timely in responding to client and manager questions, concerns, and requests.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities, and collaborate with a team in a fast-paced, remote-first environment.
- Comfortable sending and answering emails with a high level of urgency and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented writer; effective verbal and written communication skills including strong listening, negotiation, and facilitation skills.
- Skilled user of Zoom, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite applications.
- Skilled user of Asana or other project management system.
- Ability to learn and adapt to various technology applications.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Email your resume and a cover letter describing how you will uniquely add executive and administrative impact with “Administrative Associate” in the subject line to: [email protected]
Operations and Business Manager
Full-time, FLSA exempt
$60,000 with growth potential based on experience and qualifications
Remote with up to 5% travel for team meetings
Strong preference for candidates based in Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE ROLE
Creative Fundraising Advisors is taking steps to build capacity as we strive to bring the best and brightest people and ideas to work with our mission-driven, non-profit clients. We have a shared vision for our biggest year of impact yet. The Operations & Business Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This role relies on using critical thinking to keep the organization running smoothly, delivering operational excellence to the team, being an operational point of contact for our clients and vendors, and working closely with the COO to support finance, HR, IT, and legal functions. The Operations & Business Manager operates with self-direction and initiative in creating, executing, and updating organizational processes and core administrative functions.
You are a dynamic, race equity-oriented professional with a background in finance, accounting, operations, change management, or organizational administration. You are extremely well-organized and deeply satisfied by high quality customer service within and outside the organization. You’re passionate about social impact and supporting a team striving to maximize the missions of arts and cultural, education, social services, and environmental non-profits. You’re a clear and effective communicator both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences. You’re flexible, love variety, and are happy operating at any level. You thrive on being the “go to” person for inquiries about how to get things done. You’re adept at creating structure where needed, and you take the initiative to design and sustain organizational processes. You appreciate the big picture of our mission and balance and see operational excellence as an avenue to achieving CFA’s goals and impact. You are motivated by the opportunity to contribute to a responsive, high growth, entrepreneurial environment and to continually innovate on operations to meet a growing organization’s needs.
- Together with the COO, establish annual goals framework, tracking and evaluation.
- Lead contract management and compliance.
- Design and lead strategic initiatives within the organization to support growth goals.
- Plan and execute team meetings, retreats, and other teambuilding activities.
- Assist with HR and benefits platform management and new hire onboarding.
- Manage inbound inquiries across communication platforms including web, mail, and email.
- Ensure that information is up to date, organized, and accessible to the team.
- Be an expert in our finance and workflow applications including Quickbooks, Google Suite, MS Office, and Zoom.
- Prepare standard proposal templates, agreements, and other legal documents for review.
- Proactively identify opportunities and make a business case for operational improvements within the organization.
- Develop, document, and execute organizational processes.
- Manage all accounts receivable according to billing schedule.
- Process expense reimbursements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure payroll is submitted timely and accurately.
- Collaborate with COO and finance and accounting partners to keep information up-to-date.
- Assist COO in preparation of annual budget and monthly financial reports and forecasts.
- Be the primary contact for invoicing and assist clients and team with use of accounting systems.
- Develop tools and templates in Quickbooks to optimize processes and reporting.
Email your resume and a cover letter describing how you will uniquely add operational impact with “Operations & Business Manager” in the subject line to: [email protected]