Full-time, FLSA exempt
$50,000 – $60,000
Creative Fundraising Advisors (CFA) is taking steps to build capacity to better serve our clients and is looking for a dynamic, focused, race equity-oriented individual to join our team. We are seeking a Project Management professional with experience balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. CFA is a rapidly growing fundraising consulting firm based in St. Paul, MN and is focused on growing the company with assistance from this position. Interested applicants should have the desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and for an organization that is experiencing exponential growth.
CFA’s recent growth has included establishing a presence in both Los Angeles and New York. The Project Manager will be based in the Central United States, preferably the Twin Cities of Minnesota; the position involves working remotely with the CFA team and clients across the United States. The Project Manager will report to CFA’s Director of Client Services and will primarily support clients managed by CFA’s President and Vice President.
The Project Manager supports CFA in the successful delivery and fulfillment of assigned projects. The Project Manager may be responsible either for multiple projects, which often requires multiple resources and functional integration. The Project Manager is familiar with project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. They spend significant time communicating with the internal team, outside vendors, and clients involved in the delivery of assigned projects in order to ensure customer satisfaction. The Project Manager will anticipate opportunities and issues proactively as well as manage scope using project management applications and tools.
- Manage projects within CFA services including: Development Assessment, Strategic Planning, Feasibility Study, Campaign Planning, Campaign Counsel, Fundraising Counsel.
- Tasks within services include scheduling meetings, managing feasibility studies and scheduling interviews, coordinating focus groups, assisting in the management of campaign pipelines for campaign consulting, and coordinating with third-party vendors for annual giving, marketing, design, videography, and other client-facing vendor relationships.
Client Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with internal resources and external clients.
- Provide outstanding customer service. Be responsive and timely in responding to questions, concerns, and requests.
- Serve as point of contact to the client, internal team, and external vendors for day-to-day execution.
- Interpret and meet client expectations and requirements to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for overall project management through the life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
- Create and manage project schedules and communicate schedule deadlines to internal and external groups.
- Manage client requirements and documentation required to effectively manage project deliverables as assigned.
- Networks with all project stakeholders and resources (including clients, internal team, subcontractors, and vendors) to meet project goals.
- Ensures adherence to quality management plan for all project deliverables.
- Identify changes to project scope or costs and work with the Consultant to implement scope modification.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process and quality improvements that promote cost reduction.
- Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan and schedule in order to meet client deliverables.
- Prepare and present internal and external reports on project status and other project-related issues.
- Lead meetings, including status meetings, planning meetings, and lessons learned meetings.
- Capture project action items, assign owners, and manage to closure.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Project Management role
- Fundraising experience and knowledge of development/advancement preferred
- Ability to make decisions based upon limited information
- Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities, and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A high sense of urgency and attention to detail required
- Effective verbal/written communication skills, strong listening, negotiation, and facilitation skills, and the ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Self-motivated individual, capable of working independently and as part of a variety of teams (CFA and client-based)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite applications
- Knowledge of Asana or other project management systems
- Ability to learn and adapt to various technology
- Ability to work remotely
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- PMP certification is a plus
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Creative Fundraising Advisors
Creative Fundraising Advisors is a full-service fundraising consulting firm based in St. Paul, Minnesota whose consultants have more than 100 years of collective experience in philanthropy. In partnership with our nonprofit clients throughout the country, we have raised more than $1 billion in the past five years alone. We help our clients think big and lead with vision and compelling ideas. We position our clients for success, bringing our knowledge and skills to bear on the complex business of planning and fundraising. CFA works principally with arts & cultural, human services, education and environmental organizations.
We value collaboration, transparency, integrity, creativity, equity and change. These values guide our business decisions, company policies and expectations of our employees, business partners and clients.
CFA believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to strong partnerships and better business results. Our culture is grounded in respect and appreciation for each person’s unique perspective, strengths, abilities and contributions. It is our expectation that CFA and its employees, business partners and clients treat each other with dignity and respect at all times.